[drupal-devel] Should there be a revisions permission?

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Fri Jan 14 14:45:55 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I was wondering what thoughts there are on why revisions require the
'administer nodes' permission and don't have their own? There are many
things that 'administer nodes' allows you to do (access node admin
pages, different node validation, access to the admin form elements in
node creation etc.) which are significantly different in nature and
scope than revisions of nodes. It seems to me that there are cases where
normal users should be able to make revisions without having access to
the other stuff. Thoughts?

cheers,

Robert
--