[drupal-devel] Drupal 4.5.2 released

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Mon Jan 17 10:28:36 UTC 2005

>>>Can I ask what the tags are for 451 and 452?
>>
>>        DRUPAL-4-5-1 and DRUPAL-4-5-2.
>
> Thanks. Can I just confirm if they are tags or branches ? Do any fixes
> go into branches for older releases, or is it just a case of updating
> to the new tag on subsequent releases. (for a production environment,
> i don't want to risk any problems with following the HEAD)

The DRUPAL-4-5 *branch* is maintained, DRUPAL-4-5-1 and DRUPAL-4-5-2 are
*tags* on that branch, and it is possible that there will be a
DRUPAL-4-5-3 tag, if enough bug fixes come in. DRUPAL-4-4 is not
maintained AFAIK.

The HEAD *branch* will be branched into DRUPAL-4-6 later, and obviously
is also heavily maintained :)

Note that the minor version tags are not used in the contrib CVS module,
all modules in the DRUPAL-4-5 branch there are supposed to work with all
core code released from the DRUPAL-4-5 core branch, as well as with the
latest code in that branch. To put the other way, there are no tags used
in the contrib repository, only branches.

Goba