[drupal-devel] [bug] "Add new comment" no longer shows up in $links?

Morbus Iff drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue Jan 18 18:22:54 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.1
 Component:    poll.module
 Category:     bug reports

(His patch is currently in use at gamegrene.com, running 4.5.1).

Morbus Iff

Previous comments:

December 30, 2004 - 09:41 : Morbus Iff

I recently upgraded from 4.4.2 to 4.5.1, and have noticed that the poll
block no longer displays the "add new comment" or "# comments" link.
This is (was) important to me, as I usually ask for comments whenever
someone chooses the negative option. Any idea where and why this went?
You can still get to the comment form in a roundabout way ("other
polls", choose your poll, whammo), but that's far too many clicks and
intellect points.

January 18, 2005 - 10:50 : rooey

I had the same problem going from 4.4 to 4.5 - i still see it in 4.5.2
:(

There is *some* info on comment issues here:
http://drupal.org/node/11366

I didn't find any of them solved this particular issue tho.

January 18, 2005 - 12:28 : Junyor

So, not even the "add new comment" link is showing up?  I just loaded
the poll module and that shows fine.  However, the current comment
count doesn't show correctly in the block.

This is what I've seen so far:
1) poll_block calls poll_view
2) poll_view calls poll_view_voting, which outputs the poll choices
3) for blocks, poll_view calls link_node, which calls hook_link('node')
in each module.  For all other poll displays, the theme does the call to
link_node (via node_view)

I'm guessing poll_view is where the problem is.  I'll keep looking at
it.

January 18, 2005 - 12:41 : Junyor

Changing the call to link_node on line 438 in poll.module (in poll_view)
to:

January 18, 2005 - 12:51 : Junyor

Trying again with correct PHP tags. :)

Changing the call to link_node on line 438 in poll.module (in
poll_view) to:

seems to solve the problem.  I'm trying to look now at the history of
link_node to see why that fixed it.  That's the same parameters that
the call in theme_node uses.

January 18, 2005 - 12:58 : Junyor

The change to theme_node was done as part of
http://drupal.org/node/9287.  Other than theme_node, poll_view is the
only function that calls link_node directly.

Attached is a patch to fix the function call in poll_view to send the
correct parameters.

January 18, 2005 - 13:21 : Morbus Iff

Confirmed Junyor's patch. Excellent (note: take my confirmation with a
grain of salt. One of my previous patches caused a grievous bug for
4.5.2 tracker.module, and I should not be trusted anymore <g>).

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/14936