[drupal-devel] Dealing with spam (was rel=nofollow)

Jeremy Andrews jeremy at kerneltrap.org
Wed Jan 19 13:01:26 UTC 2005

> Spam.module does nearly all you quoted, minus the ip-filtering and
> white- and  -blackisting of ips. which is listed in the TODOS of
> spam.module.

At this time, I no longer have an intention to implement white/black
listing of IP addresses.  I analyzed the IPs from the thousands of spams
I'm now getting on KernelTrap, and found that there was no useful pattern.
 Rather disappointing, I might add, as I loved the idea of minimizing the
frequent spam floods.

Alternative ideas are brewing, fortunately.  ;)

-Jeremy