[drupal-devel] settings

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Wed Jan 19 13:59:36 UTC 2005

> Settings are scattered everywhere. This is extermely confusing the light of
> the Settings menu item. I'd expect to find every settings under settings.
>
> Why Is content settings is reachable under node / settings but not under
> settings / node ? What's more I'd expect both subtabs (settings, default
> workflow) from admin/node/configure
>
> Same with users, the page admin/user/configure should be also accessible as
> settings/user.

I would expect content related stuff to be in one place. Like we have
language related stuff (settings too) under one menu item. Half of the
admin interface is about settings. Some of them used to be under the
'settings' menu item (blocks, modules for example), but thankfully they
are out now from there. There are a damn lot of settings. Like there are
setting for every filter in every input format, so that a filter can
have as many configurations as many input formats you have. Block
configuration was also recently moved out of the module configuration
into the block admin page.

The focus is to organize stuff by 'focus' and not by 'task'. Every focus
(eg. languages) have their tasks (which are rendered as tabs most of the
time).

Goba