[drupal-devel] PHP5 (was: /includes common.inc)

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Sat Jan 22 12:29:05 UTC 2005

Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>>  - Fixed PHP5 warning: the $result object in drupal_http_request() needed to be properly initialized using 'new StdClass'.
>>
>>    (I just installed PHP 5.0.3, no less.  Why don't you?)
>
> PHP 5.0.3 is installed at drupaldevs.org. If a developer whishes to test
> Drupal or his contrib modules on php 5 he is welcome to apply for a
> subdomain there.

I know, and that is great.  Thanks for reminding us.

I just wanted to let you know that I upgraded my development environment
to PHP5.  The reason?  I believe that it is important that Drupal 4.6
will work with PHP5.

If you think PHP5 support is important, this would be a good time to switch.

It will take another 6-8 months (?) until Drupal 4.7 is released.  It
would be a pity to hold back important improvements (not just PHP5
support) that long ...