[drupal-devel] [feature] generalizing node_rewrite_sql

Dries drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Jan 24 22:08:24 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    database system
 Category:     feature requests

I guess it makes sense to go with a generic approach, though it is
difficult to predict how many queries will end up being wrapped in a
call to db_rewrite_sql() ...  Comments?

Dries

Previous comments:

January 24, 2005 - 20:58 : chx

As I was thinking on the various usages of node_rewrite_sql , it came to
my mind that with very little changes it can be generalized so that any
queries against any table -- not just node -- can be rewritten. I have
moved node_rewrite_sql to database.inc, renamed it db_rewrite_sql,
introduced another necessary parameter, which does not affect the
current (light) usage of node_rewrite_sql. I think the usage is even
clearer now, 'cos I think nid_alias caused some confusion. Now it is
called $primary_table , while the new parameter is called
$primary_key.

What this would be good for? One may want to have permission and
languages for taxonomy terms and vocabularies.

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/16111