[drupal-devel] [feature] Show taxonomy admin link on taxonomy admin form

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:27:34 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:45:35 +0100, Robert Douglass <rob at robshouse.net> wrote:
> > Question: I've been working a bit with taxonomy-otf. This might be
> > extended, or indeed rolled into taxonomy proper, to offer a field
> > underneath each vocab displayed.
>
> Boris, this would indeed be nice, but one huge limitation is that users
> can't really manage their terms, they can just create them. I think any
> time we extend the permission of creating taxonomy terms we ought to
> extend the permission of editing and deleting at least one's own terms.
> This is a real drawback of teaxonomy_otf at the moment.

Not suggesting it for "users" -- that's what folksonomy would be for
(personal taxos --- sort of).

This is a usability extension for admin/advanced users, so that
instead of having to hop over to admin/taxonomy every time they want
to add an entry, they can do it all in the node creation screen.

It can also get used for single-user sites where the primary author
manages their own taxonomy.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com