[drupal-devel] Re: [task] Remove admin.module

Carl McDade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 17:50:35 UTC 2005

Goba wrote:
> Project:      Drupal
> Version:      cvs
> Component:    admin.module
> Category:     tasks
>
> +1 on removing the admin module, but why not name the admin page
> function system_admin_main_page() or something prefixed with 'system',
> to be consistent?
> Goba
>

> Previous comments:
>
> January 14, 2005 - 01:55 : drumm

> This incredibly small module seems like it should be rolled into
> system.module to me. Admin.module can be removed once this patch for
> system.module is applied.

I vote no on this being removed. Drupal desperately needs a control
panel page rather than a block adminstration list. This module suits
that purpose. It just needs to be developed.

Developing this into a real control panel will allow the removal of the
link list from the user list and simply usage for everyone. A control
panel has more possiblities for improvements and seperates the
adminstration from the user section which is a plus for all that use
Drupal in a corporate or intranet environment.

Carl