[drupal-devel] Remove admin.module

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:54:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:49:10 -0500, Todd Grimason <todd at slack.net> wrote:

> Perhaps a suitable solution could be setting a CSS id attribute
> ('is_admin'?) to be used in the HTML body tag so that those who want
> to could format admin pages differently? Or some other sort of CSS
> flag?
>
> I personally find having to squeeze/use all the admin forms and
> layouts within the public site layout troublesome, but maybe this
> would be a solution to allow both usages? I imagine the difficulty
> occurs in deciding which actions are "admin" actions or just user or
> contributor actions. Probably somewhat ambiguous. Thoughts?

Ber's "sections" module lets you assign a completely different theme
to different areas of the site. This is one existing way to have a
completely separate theme for the "admin" part of the site.

Admin.module doesn't do anything today. Let's get rid of it, and let
(future) control panel solutions thrive on their own merits.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com