[drupal-devel] [feature] Proposed change to menu.inc that would allow modules to create custom menus

JonBob drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Jan 27 17:38:33 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    menu system
 Category:     feature requests

I'd prefer a solution that allowed modules to declare such menu items
using the menu hook, but haven't been able to come up with such a
solution. I'm okay with this approach until such time as someone has a
brilliant idea to make the menu hook more powerful.

JonBob

Previous comments:

January 6, 2005 - 02:13 : andremolnar

See http://drupal.org/node/15153 and http://drupal.org/node/14120 for
discussion on this proposed change.

Patch is included here for further discussion (with the changes
suggested by Dries).  A patch is forthcoming for topics discussed in
http://drupal.org/node/14120 which would make use of this patch.

Status to be changed to patch later if there are no objections
following discussion.

andre

January 8, 2005 - 16:16 : andremolnar

Patch making use of this is now added to http://drupal.org/node/14120.

andre

January 10, 2005 - 02:29 : andremolnar

Just realising that the rules for setting status to patch would allow
this to be patch since its technically ready to go. (and it might
actually get noticed if its on the dev list and patch queue).

andre

January 11, 2005 - 01:47 : Dries

I'm OK with this patch but won't commit it yet until the book module
patch is ready.

January 19, 2005 - 21:07 : andremolnar

I've uploaded the latest version of the patch to book.
http://drupal.org/node/14120
andre

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/15198