[drupal-devel] [bug] Changing roles for a user requires menu cache invalidate

JonBob drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Jan 27 19:05:03 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user.module
 Category:     bug reports

Yes, the patch does that.

JonBob

Previous comments:

December 31, 2004 - 13:46 : moshe weitzman

When you remove a user from a given role, the effect is often not seen
for a long time since the user's menu remains in cache. we should
invaidate the menu cache for a user whenh is roles change (or anytime
the $user is saved?).

This same bug is apparent when you grant new roles to a user.

January 27, 2005 - 12:34 : JonBob

Fixed by adding ability to invalidate cache only for one user.

January 27, 2005 - 14:01 : Anonymous

Don't we also need some code in user.module to call menu_rebuild?

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/14977