[drupal-devel] [bug] "my account" menu item oddities

Dries drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Jan 27 21:35:21 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.0
 Component:    menu system
 Category:     bug reports

The patch did not apply cleanly against DRUPAL-4-5.  I modified the
patch and committed it to DRUPAL-4-5 and to HEAD. I'm leaving this
issue open for a couple more days.

Dries

Previous comments:

November 19, 2004 - 23:03 : jasper

1. "my account" link can not be given "weight"

2. If edited, "my account" link behaves strangely: appears as separate
menu in admin screen, disappears from navigation menu, etc.

3. Subitems can't be added under my account, or, strange things happen
if you try to do that.

November 25, 2004 - 13:36 : jasper

Reproduce the error:

1. Assign sub-menus to "my account"  menu item

2. edit "my account" menu item - capitalize "My Account"

result:

1. sub-menus disappear from navigation block

2. "My Account" becomes separate Menu at the bottom of the menu
administration page.

I would really like to capitalize the "my account" link. Any way to do
that without bugging out the menus?

December 18, 2004 - 08:05 : jasper

anybody?

January 27, 2005 - 21:36 : JonBob

The "my account" menu item includes the user ID, so really cannot be
customized. This is unfortunate. The attached patch corrects the
mentioned bug by locking the menu item as it should be, but doesn't
address the usability issue of not being able to customize the menu
item. I suggest we move ahead with this patch for the 4.5 branch and,
since time is short, likely 4.6.

Any suggestions for how to make this item editable? I think we'd need
some way to have multiple paths for a single menu item... wildcards or
something. But an implementation escapes me.

January 27, 2005 - 21:50 : Steven

Perhaps we could change the path for "my account" to "user/me" or
something? Link-wise it's not too hard to implement, just do "user/".
($account->uid == $user->uid ? "me" : $account->uid) or something when
linking to that page.

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/13184