[drupal-devel] Drupal foundation / non-profit

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 22:54:20 UTC 2005

On 1-Jul-05, at 1:32 PM, David Norman wrote:

>> You might be interested in contacting the Mozilla Foundation about
>> how
>> they do this.
>>
> Does anyone have contact(s) with Mozilla Foundation to see if someone
> will join in on this thread?

We have talked to people there briefly about this, and I have contact
info for Asa, whom I met at a conference recently, and will bring
this up when I talk to him.

IIRC, they actually have multiple entities -- at the very least one
in Europe and one in the US. That is, talking to them wasn't
particularly helpful, since we still have to figure this out ourselves.

Some devil's advocate questions:
How much does non-profit / tax deduction matter? Does it *have* to be
a non-profit? There are tax-write offs, and then there are business
write offs.

Basically, we need an entity through which money can flow, both in
and out.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com