[drupal-devel] [feature] create system option to prevent users from changing the theme

Torenware drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Jul 4 01:54:42 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/26302
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/26302

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.0
 Component:    system.module
 Category:     feature requests

Didn't set this to "patch" initially, so I'm including the patch again.
Not sure what the procedure is just yet.

Torenware

Previous comments:

July 3, 2005 - 17:50 : Torenware

>From the forum thread How To Prevent Users From Changing The Theme.  I
asked:

"
I'm working on a module that uses organic groups. I want to allow
different groups to choose different themes, but I don't want
individual users to have that capability.

I'm assuming that this is easy to do, but I can't find a setting. Can
anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Rob

"
At sepeck's suggestion, I'm submitting a patch to do this.  It's
against 4.6.0, and modifies theme.inc and system.module.  It creates a
variable 'configurable_user_themes' which defaults to "enabled"
(4.6.0's current behavior), and if activated, makes system.module
remove the UI for selected a theme, and also causes theme.inc to ignore
any setting for $user->theme if it exists.