[drupal-devel] [bug] No more floating node admin groups

Bèr Kessels drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Jul 4 09:06:23 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/26311
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/26311

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.0
 Component:    base system
 Category:     bug reports

and here is how it looks with the patch.

Bèr Kessels

Previous comments:

July 4, 2005 - 09:56 : Bèr Kessels

For me -konqueror user- the floats on the "admin groups" of the node
edit  forms was always annoying. The textfields were inaccessible.
But witth the collapsible parts they becme even moer annyoing: They now
jump around on teh page when collapsed or folded out.

This patch simply removes all the floats frolm these groups.

I beleive theis looks and feels much better. It appears more stable on
your page. It feels more like one expects: only a single row of
collapses, instead of some odd row with columns.

And last but not least: that part was amoungst the hardests to theme. I
think this is a good moment to get rid of them.

Oh, and it removes quite some code/cruft from drupal.css :)

July 4, 2005 - 10:04 : Bèr Kessels

here is an example of the jumping fieldsets: A complete set of
screenshots can be found on my computer:
http://webschuur.dyndns.org/DMP/collapsible/