[drupal-devel] RFC on Possible Additions (As contrib or features to core)

Viksit Gaur vik.list at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:13:08 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I was just evaluating the demand/response for a couple of ideas I
wanted to implement, but wasn't sure if I should go ahead with them at
all.

a) Comment promotion to Node - Assuming there's a huge thread of
comments running, make a method to be able to promote it to node
status, from its original post, and place a marker there. This would
be especially useful if the comment has been moderated.

b) The implementation of a "No. of Views" column for Forum topics -
which is a pretty common feature in most other Forum software. The
implementation is not because of the possible competition, which isn't
a minor reason, but more due to the fact that it allows the reader to
see what kind of an interest has been generated by that post.

Comments would be highly appreciated.

cheers,
Viksit