[drupal-devel] New themeable function for buttons?

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Thu Jul 7 10:23:05 UTC 2005

Stefan,
 IMO the only thing wrong in that screenshot is that your links are not
clearly links.
 Please give good *reasons* for changing it to a button. "It does not look
right" is not a reason, its an subjective statement. For now the only reason
i heardhas been that it is inconsistent. Which is a good one.

The reason against this being a button is that it is not an action.

Going  to a location is done with links;
performing an action is done with a button.

I guess the debate here thus should be: "is canceling an action" and "should
these two be consistent in the first place". And not "Do i like how it looks"
for we cannot debate what one likes.

I beleive cancelling is not an action, not as we present it anyway.
And i thus think these two must not be consistent, for they do completely
different things. And different things must  show that difference.

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]