[drupal-devel] drupal-devel

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Thu Jul 14 20:02:22 UTC 2005

Hello,

I would like to propose a developer.drupal.org, or with any other name.

this can be split into:
developer.drupal.org/docs
developer.drupal.org/blogs
developer.drupal.org/cvs

where CVS are the CVSlogs
blogs are developer blogs and
docs is drupaldocs

So, drupaldocs is clear, it is nice at drupaldocs.org but IMO it should be a
clearer part of the drupal family. Integration and eating dogfood are the
keywords.

Blogs are a more complex thing. I believe we willnever get all developers to
blog there. about half of them have their own "sacred' home where they
already blog. So a combination of blog.module and an advanced
aggregrator/node_aggregator will server for this part.

The CVS logs are nice on drupal.org but IMO are more developer -specific. And
this they really belong in the developer subsite.

So far the talks. My personal priority lies with themes.drupal.org to get that
up and running. So I will not put any more effort in this.
I already offered to host a drupaldevelblogs.org (or so) and I will do so, if
we decide to leave (for the time being) the developers sites scattered.
Leaving it scattered has its advantages too!
But that is all I will *do*. Code needs to be written, maintainers must
volunteer, ideas must be made reality, and discussion is needed.

go ahead :)

Bèr

Regards,
 Bèr