[drupal-devel] [feature] add inline functionaliy to uploads

Sohodojo Jim salmons at sohodojo.com
Mon Jul 18 13:00:46 UTC 2005

Kobus wrote:

> Issue status update for http://drupal.org/node/26288
> Post a follow up: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/26288
>
> Project:      Drupal
> Version:      cvs
> Component:    upload.module
> Category:     feature requests
>
> Then I can't see how this patch could replace the existing
> upload.module, which allows you to use inline.module to place images
> inline. I therefore withdraw my +1 and go -1 on this (not that it
> matters, I believe).

    I hope it matters. A big -1 on enforcing over-simplification at the
expense of important and existing functionality. If automatic,
uncontrollable placement of images becomes the standard, it will mean
fewer not more image-rich Drupal sites as site owners/developers get
complaints about "Why can't I control my images!"

    I _strongly_ encourage Ber to provide a "have it both ways"
solution. Why not have an admin configuration setting for "allow inline
tags" with default off. Change it to on and you get an additional upload
checkbox for 'inline at tag' to accommodate the current functionality of
the inline module while simultaneously allowing for default placement.

    --Sohodojo Jim--

--

	Jim Salmons and Timlynn Babitsky
	Founders and Research Directors