[drupal-devel] [bug] Logo uploads are broken

drumm drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Jul 18 18:57:35 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/26822
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/26822

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    theme system
 Category:     bug reports

1. Hmm.. logo uploads always go to files/logo.png so it is possible that
the browser cached it. It is also possible that some logic in the theme
system got messed up. Either way I can;t actually reproduce it over
here.

2. Lets separate UI fixing from bug fixing and do that later. Anyone
got some mockups or something?

drumm

Previous comments:

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:47:01 +0000 : drumm

Custom logo uploading broke. System_settings_save() was doing a
drupal_goto() before the code to save the logo got executed.

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:59:06 +0000 : drumm

I inspected the code for 4.6 and this appears to be a problem there too.

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:43:38 +0000 : Dries

I tested this patch and noticed a couple things:

1. The bluemarine theme did not pick up my custom logo.  It took me 5
minutes to figure out.

2. When I upload my logo, the 'custom logo' path did not change.
Combined with (1) this makes for a pretty bad experience.

When I switched theme, this patch seems to fix an important bug.  Just
wondering if you could look into (1) and (2) before this gets
committed?  Clearly, there is room for improvement here.  If you don't
have time for this, I'll commit your patch as is.