[drupal-devel] [feature] Enable multiple block regions (not just "left" and "right" sidebars)

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Thu Jul 21 19:49:19 UTC 2005

> I've never personally had a need for multiple themes.  I view the
> functionality as mainly a novelty.  And, it's worth remembering, it
> would still be possible to have multiple styles, since styles based on
> the same theme would have the same regions.  So, e.g.,  an admin style
> would still be feasible.

What do other people think about having multiple themes versus having
a single theme (with optional styles)?  Having only one theme would
greatly simplify the forthcoming block adminsitration page, and would
allow us to tidy up the theme administration page.  See http://
drupal.org/node/16216 for details.  Please read up on the issue and
share your concerns or cast a vote.