[drupal-devel] [feature] Enable multiple block regions (not just "left" and "right" sidebars)

Nedjo Rogers nedjo at gworks.ca
Fri Jul 22 15:23:01 UTC 2005

I'm hearing that there are valid reasons for maintainint multiple theme
support.

 > Alternatively, we could move the 'Location'
> settings from the main  block administration page to the blocks'
> individual configuration  pages, and provide one selection menu for each
> [enabled?] theme.

Well, assuming the general approach taken in the patch, this (moving
block location to the individual block config pages) does seem like the
most promising proposal so far to improving the admin UI while
maintaining multiple themes.  Assuming two enabled themes, on the
block's config page it might look something like:

    _________
--|Placement|-------------------------------------------------------
|              _________ _                                         |
| Bluemarine  |_________|_| [select box with Bluemarine's regions] |
|              _________ _                                         |
| Blix        |_________|_| [select box with Blix's regions]       |
| For each enabled theme, select the region you want this block to |
| appear in.                                                       |

If there is only one enabled theme, we might simplify this to:
Placement |_________|_| [select box with default theme's regions]

--------
Nedjo Rogers
Learning Technologies Developer