[drupal-devel] [feature] Use attribute rel=nofollow in comment's link

Bèr Kessels drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Jul 24 10:22:38 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/15835
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/15835

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.0
 Component:    comment.module
 Category:     feature requests

it is, but not in 4.5.what do we do with these 4.5 issues. 4.5 does not
get any new features, so the patch will stay in here forever... can we
close it?

Bèr Kessels

Previous comments:

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:07:28 +0000 : clockwerx at www.spreadfirefox.com

See this yahoo blog post [1] if you haven't already.

"
By adding a rel="nofollow" attribute to hyperlinks, webmasters and
weblog owners can tell search engines that the links are effectively
untrusted. For example, this:

buy now [2]

Becomes this:

buy now [3]

"
[1] http://www.ysearchblog.com/archives/000069.html
[2] http://spammer.example.com/
[3] http://spammer.example.com/\" rel=\"nofollow

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:11:52 +0000 : clockwerx at www.spreadfirefox.com

6.12 Link types [4]

Authors may use the following recognized link types, listed here with
their conventional interpretations. In the DTD, %LinkTypes refers to a
space-separated list of link types. White space characters are not
permitted within link types.

"
So, you should perhaps be appending this to any existing comment links
with a rel attribute.
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#type-links

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:56:25 +0000 : chrisada

+1 for the feature

It seems to me this might be easier accomplished as an input filter?

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:34:58 +0000 : bradtem

Here's the trivial patch to includes/common.inc to change this.

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:04:12 +0000 : stefan nagtegaal

Isn't such a thing already in HEAD? I thought Walkagh brought us such a
patch, not sure though.. Can't check atm.