[drupal-devel] Tight release cycles

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:19:34 UTC 2005

I won't switch to strict time-based releases, nor to strict feature-
based releases, though I'm willing to lean more towards time-based
releases.  I very much prefer to release when (i) we made enough
improvements and (ii) it has been a while since we released a new
version.  Contrary to what some people say, the Drupal release
schedule has been fairly predictable for those who are part of the
Drupal community.

That said, I was planning to announce a new code freeze shortly -- I
meant to do it last week but was swamped with work.  Either way, I
was thinking about starting the next code freeze on September 1 (5
weeks from now).  This means Drupal 4.7 will be released somewhere in
October or November.