[drupal-devel] RFC: drupalversions.module

Matt Westgate matt at asitis.org
Thu Jul 28 15:48:12 UTC 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 09:59 am, eric Farris wrote:
> I'm
> convinced there's a need for some sort of standardized method of
> providing release version information, and I'd love to see that, umm,
> hashed out. :)

With my contributed modules I simply print out the CVS Revision tag as part of
the title on the settings page.

drupal_set_title(t('TinyMCE settings (%revision)', array('%revision' =>
'$Revision: 1.35 $')));

I then ask for this information when users file bug reports.

While crude, it's easy for folks to find and for me to identify version
incompatibilities.

Matt