[drupal-devel] [feature] make format_name themable

Steven drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Jul 29 03:33:37 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/27737
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/27737

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    theme system
 Category:     feature requests

theme('format_name') is a bit weird... why not have theme('name') ?

Oh and this might be a good time to change it so that it uses
drupal_substr() and drupal_strlen() to cut off the username. This would
mean the visual string length before chopping is more consistent.

Steven

Previous comments:

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:43:18 +0000 : killes at www.drop.org

I've always disliked that I cannot chose which user information is
displayed to the outside world. I often prefer to show "Firstname
Lastname" rather than a often cryptic username. I could of course
change this display in the node and comment functions of my theme, but
then it would be confusing if the same user essentially has another
name in the user search or the admin interface. Therefore I propse to
make format_name a themabel function. Patch attached.

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:50:06 +0000 : moshe weitzman

makes sense to me.