[drupal-devel] [feature] Add CSS id for each forum on top-level forum page.

leafish_dylan drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Jul 29 23:27:55 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/27776
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/27776

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    forum.module
 Category:     feature requests

I'm aware of the discussion, yes. Has anything happened with that since
May? It sounds like a great idea, but until that makes it into core
(and until somebody rewrites the forum module to take advantage of it),
this is a simple patch that adds some interesting possibilities to the
forum layout. It won't break anything when/if your wrapper enters core,
and it doesn't change any functionality or conflict with anything.

I agree that a theme function would be a better way to do this in the
long term, but right now this would be useful for anybody writing a
theme who wants to fool about with the forum layout. Like me.

leafish_dylan

Previous comments:

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:40:48 +0000 : leafish_dylan

Here's a patch that gives each forum a CSS ID on the top level
(www.whatever.com/forum) page. The wrapper div that indents the
sub-forums now contains an ID of the format "forum-forum-$tid", similar
to the block ids.

This will allow customisation of the forum display. It will allow
themes to add forum icons using background-images, which is a popular
feature of other forum software, or could be used to highlight a
support/FAQ forum in some way.

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:44:50 +0000 : leafish_dylan

To clarify, an example div would be:

The patch changes two identical lines.

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:08:37 +0000 : Bèr Kessels

are you awaer of the more general approach at
http://drupal.org/node/23584 ?