[drupal-devel] [task] Remove a useless form_group()

neil at civicspacelabs.org neil at civicspacelabs.org
Sat Jul 30 00:10:24 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:05:22AM +0200, Dries wrote:
> Slightly related, slightly off-topic but how about we move "simple
> settings" that are on a sub-page to the main settings page at
> admin/settings?  Right now, some settings are on the main settings page
> while others are on sub-pages.  It's pretty random.  (Moving the
> settings would require them to have a form_group(), hence this
> comment.)

I do not think this is a good idea since there is a separation now. Each
setting page corresponds with a module and each form group on the main
settings page corresponds with something in Drupal core. I think there
are currently inconsistencies in this system and other systems should be
considered, mocked up, and patched in. I think for now removing what
distinction there is would be a bad idea.

-Neil