[drupal-devel] more core comitters

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Jul 30 17:03:10 UTC 2005

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Robert Douglass wrote:

> I assume these will be multi-select?

No, sorry.

> Dries Buytaert wrote:
> >
> > On 30 Jul 2005, at 18:16, Nedjo Rogers wrote:
> >
> >> 2. Implement the issue status options I coded for the Project  module, or
> >> some subset of them, providing a more nuanced process for  designating
> >> the
> >> review status of issues.  I provided with the module a default set  of
> >> status
> >> options based on the long discussions we'd had and designed for use on
> >> drupal.org.  While the patch has been accepted, we've not yet seen any
> >> changes on drupal.org.
> >

> > The patch is live on drupal.org.  What remains to be done is defining
> > new status values.  Let's do that now.  Here are some that could be
> > useful:
> >
> >   1. Needs code review
> >   2. Needs testing
> >   3. Needs benchmarking
> >   4. Needs update/work
> >   5. Needs feedback

To make clear, what we are talking about, we should name the new statuses
as "patch (needs code review)" or similar.

Initially I had hoped that we could add only a few new statuses, but after
thinking a while, I couldn't find one to omit.

What we need to discuss is who should be allowed to set which status.

1) which permissions should the plain vanilla drupal.org have?
2) how do we identify other groups that should have more access?

Maybe we should first try to get away without introducing additional
overhead.

Cheers,
	Gerhard