[drupal-devel] more core comitters

Nedjo Rogers nedjo at gworks.ca
Sat Jul 30 17:32:33 UTC 2005

> OK, I setup 3 new categories:
>
>    1. patch (code needs review)
>    2. patch (code needs work)
>    3. patch (ready to be committed)

Great!

> Thoughts?

Minor suggestion: change "fixed" to "applied", so that it covers feature
requests as well.

Beyond this, I'm thinking we could use taxonomy to give a more detailed
idea.  There are a number of criteria we use to designate if a patch should
be accepted.  I tried to summarize these in the handbook at
http://drupal.org/node/10262.

I suggest we create a new vocabulary on drupal.org, "project acceptance
criteria", with something like the following values:

* works as expected
* supports Drupal aims
* is current
* addresses issues raised
* well coded
* demonstrated demand
* broadly applicable
* benefits justified

and set project issues as its node type.

The only problem would be tracking who made what changes, and why.  This
could be handled simply by logging in the issue comments, e.g., "Setting
'well coded'."  Or we could introduce a helper module (taxonomy_node_log)
that would automatically track term updates by time and user.

Thoughts?