[drupal-devel] [bug] Drupal 4.6.2 Doesn't allow login (IIS 5.1, PHP 5.0.4)

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Jul 30 18:11:27 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/26780
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/26780

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.0
 Component:    base system
 Category:     bug reports

I fail to see why this is needed and where is the patch? I searched for
_VARS in Drupal HEAD, there is not a single instance of it, and
frankly, I doubt we have had any in a long time.

chx

Previous comments:

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:36:37 +0000 : bigeye

BUG:

Use valid user/passwd, kicked back to login page.
Use invalid user/passwd, kicked back to login page and saying Access
denied.

It appears that the first case is passed the login check, for some
reason, it cannot redirect to the correct page or the login info is not
stored.

It doesn't work with both IE and FireFox. We can see there is a cookie
there in FirFox. So it's not the cookie problem also.

FIX:

In settings.php add this satement:    ini_set('register_long_arrays',
1);
or modify this in php.ini globally:   register_long_arrays = On (the
default is off in PHP 5.0.4)

Woohoo!

Please add this into your hotfix. :)