[drupal-devel] [bug] replace binary strings in node.module with hex encodings

Piotr Szotkowski shot at caltha.pl
Wed Jun 1 05:19:14 UTC 2005

Hello.

Steven:

> Any modern OS should support fallback fonts for missing characters.
> It's not my problem if you decide to torture yourself with vi and
> friends.

Just to clarify - vim works perfectly in an UTF-8 environment. If one
sets up a proper locale (pl_PL.UTF-8 in my case, en_US.UTF-8 in the
original poster's, perhaps) and properly configures his terminal,
everything simply works and the characters show up without a problem.

If an outsider vote counts, -1 on converting the strings to hex values.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
Of course I can see iso-8859-1 characters, I'm French.   -- Christian Marillat
====================== http://shot.pl/hovercraft/ === http://shot.pl/1/125/ ===