[drupal-devel] Rewriting use of forms in Drupal

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Fri Jun 3 11:54:41 UTC 2005

> 1) We can ensure that only the fields that are defined by our PHP code
>    can be used.
>
>    Currently, you can add html to any Drupal generated HTML form
> and the
>    values will be processed and possibly be inserted into the
> database.
>    We can also check if the fields still are of the type that they
>    should. I am not sure that you can gain anything by exchaning a
>    textarea input to a radioselect, but the possibility annoys me.

With the exception of the node, comment (?) and user forms, no forms
behave like that.
What other forms behave like this?

> 2) Themes could change the order and placement of fields. You could
>    decide to generate your taxonomy tree somewhere else than between
>    title and body. Maybe you can already do this through CSS, don't
> know.

If that is the case, we need to approach it from a themer's
perspective and figure out _how_ he want to shuffle form items
around.  Then we can worry about the implementation details.

> 3) People seem to like arrays more than strings. ;)

That's not an argument.