[drupal-devel] Rewriting use of forms in Drupal

vlado vlado at dikini.net
Fri Jun 3 13:26:10 UTC 2005

> > Take a page from the proverbial "Book of Java" -- delegate form
> > layout into a
> > layout management object.
> Err , I'd rather we look at how XUL / mozilla handles forms.
>
> Emulating swing in html/css seems like the worst possible course of
> action. Does anyone here know struts? (which
> is closer to what we want to do, afaik).
struts is a bit weird, probably a great technology though.

I think with the theme_* interface drupal already has a good approach.
The biggest problem with forms in Drupal is that the "separation of
concerns" is not clear.

I like Gerhard's proposal because it would allow to decouple
forming [sorry] the form structure from preparing the form presentation.

The only slippery thing I can see is that it might make the form
templates more complicated for designers. But they are not very useful
at the moment.

ergo: +1

Vlado