[drupal-devel] Rewriting use of forms in Drupal

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 3 21:52:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 06:33:32PM +0200, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> >Here's what I am envisioning :
> Allright, I'm convinced.  :)

from a user prospective I'm not convinced. I've used this paradigm in
java and using few php html (PHTML.php for example) libraries with
postnuke (and I'm glad I don't have to use them anymore). I think this
is an over complication for drupal. Writing modules (in my experience)
does never require to have an uber-complex layout. Most of the time it's
just a simple form (no nesting). Anything more complex can be achieved
via css or a very simple table (I'll be happy to see a module that
actually require a layout with severl level of nested layout). The
current system is simple and well tailored for what drupal does. In java
or xul is much more common to write complex layout because of the nature
of the applications. Moreover I'm a lazy programmer and this proposal
would require more typing. I personally love the way it is.

:)

++ Blog: http://blog.rsise.anu.edu.au/?q=pietro
++
++ "All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
++ Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.