[drupal-devel] [feature] Allow annoymous users to log in on access denied

gordon drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Jun 5 12:40:59 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user system
 Category:     feature requests

Yes you can use the user/login link, but once you login you get the user
page and not the page you were triing to get  to. Also if you are logged
in you will still get the user/login page when really you should get the
custom access denied page.

gordon

Previous comments:

June 1, 2005 - 15:51 : gordon

If the user is anonymous, then the user will be presented with the login
page 'user/login' instead of a the 403 default page. If the user then
logins in and has access to the page they will then get redirected to
the page they were trying to access. If the user is already logged in
then they will get the defined 403 page.

With the standard system you cannot just set user/login as the 403 page
as you will not be redirected to the page that you were originally
requesting, but instead to the user page.

June 5, 2005 - 10:22 : gordon

here is a newer version of the patch which adds an option to
admin/settings page so this functionality can be turned off and on.

June 5, 2005 - 11:38 : moshe weitzman

I have been wanting this since i first saw drupal (i.e. a long time). +1

June 5, 2005 - 20:29 : Dries

Because the 403 page is configurable, this is already possible.  This
patch only makes it more convenient.  I tempted to say: "Won't commit,
but let's extend the form description a bit so it is clear this is
possible.".  That or we add a link to the login page (without the extra
setting), cfr. to what the comment module does.

June 5, 2005 - 22:06 : moshe weitzman

dries - upon executing the 403 handler, the original $_GET['q'] is lost.
That means that we cannot redirect to the destination  page after login
and thats one of the main benefits of this patch.