[drupal-devel] Etiquette for webform.module patches -- can't reach maintainer

Syscrusher scott at 4th.com
Sun Jun 5 14:49:50 UTC 2005

Good morning.

I apologize for the bandwidth, but I'm stuck until I can reach the maintainer
of webform.module.

I had the good fortune a couple of weeks ago that my employer needed a couple
of new features added to webform.module, some additional flexibility in how
it generates the emails. So they paid me to do the code on company time, but
are willing (because we are an Open Source friendly company) to let me release
it under GPL back to the Drupal community. There's absolutely nothing specific
to our application about these enhancements; in fact, they broaden rather than
narrow what the module can do.

It's not a lot of code, but I'd like to commit the changes to CVS. The thing is,
I've tried unsuccessfully to reach the maintainer listed for the project. How
long do I wait before I assume this module is dormant and just go ahead and
commit? Or is there someone on this list who has taken over as maintainer and
just not put their name on the project yet?

I don't want to violate the rules of Drupal etiquette, so I'm asking before
doing. But the code is not a conceptual pipe dream -- it's in production on
my employer's web site right now -- so I want to contrib it back to the
community.

Advice?

Kind regards,

Scott