[drupal-devel] [task] Small improvement in settings.php to make it clearer for noobs

Bèr Kessels drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Jun 8 14:36:15 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.0
 Component:    other
 Category:     tasks

I was just following a complete newbie when he installed Drupal. I will
skip the database-import part, it was hell :) But more important, IMO
is that he could not really read the documentation in settings.php
correctly. He assumed the part localhost/database in
mysql://username:password@localhost/database  referred to his database
directory. Since he was working on localhost, and knew nothing of the
concept of a SQL server, this is not too odd.

So I chnaged this into
mysql://username:password@databaseserver/databasename in the attached
patch. The filled out example reamins the same, with localhost in the
url (since 99% has localhost as sql server)

Note: I purposely did not user database_name, sinxce that will be
confused with the prefix documentation, which uses the _ in its
examples. And I hate (or well... dislike) CamelCase.

Bèr Kessels