[drupal-devel] Moving on

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 19:01:21 UTC 2005

Hi all,

After much deliberation and careful consideration, I have decided to
move on from CivicSpace at the end of June.

Though there were many, many things that weighed in to my decision,
the clincher came last week when I received an offer for a senior
position within Round Two. The position puts me in a strategic
position to advance the culture of open source as one of my duties
will be to act as an ambassador of open source to other projects,
organizations, officials and wider audiences, extending the work I
started with Spread Firefox. I am very excited about this part of my
duties as it will enable me to create allies and forge the kind of
networks that open source will need to become the dominant development
standard throughout the world (yes, big goals!).

Indeed, I see this new opportunity for me as both a necessary step
forward for myself as well my work on CivicSpace. As such, I have
every intention of maintaining a close relationship with CivicSpace
and making sure that my work will continue to benefit the CivicSpace
and Drupal communities.

I will complete my work on the next CivicSpace release to ensure that
my work will not prevent CivicSpace from moving into the next chapter
of its story with anything less than a clean slate. Though I won't
directly experience it, I am thrilled that Kieran has joined the team
and think he will lead CivicSpace to new heights; CivicSpace is very
fortunate to have him!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me
know. I will continue to be available to discuss CivicSpace, interface
and other matters.

It's truly been a privilege to work for CivicSpace and to have made as
many good friends as I have. I continue to believe that the CivicSpace
concept will continue to grow, mature and empower communities the
world over.

Chris