[drupal-devel] [bug] Forum icon support is broken

Robin Monks drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Jun 11 21:54:37 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
-Version:      4.6.0
+Version:      cvs
 Component:    forum.module
 Category:     bug reports

Here it is in patch form.  I'll take responsibility of any required
updates.

Robin

Robin Monks

Previous comments:

May 3, 2005 - 15:07 : budda

The forum icon support is broken in 4.6 - currently if an icon path is
provided in the user interface, it gets ignored anyway!

Changes required in the function  _forum_icon() of forum.module. The
main problem is the hardcoded path to the icons is currently:
$file = "misc/forum-$icon.png";
$output = theme('image', $file);

This is easily fixed by moving the 'misc' path to the variable_get() at
the start of the function.
Then changing the way the $file variable is built up, as below.
$base_path = variable_get('forum_icon_path', 'misc');
$file = "$base_path/forum-$icon.png";

June 5, 2005 - 19:46 : budda

I'm having to modify Drupal core installs to fix this bug in
forum.module.
Has it been addressed at all in CVS yet?
Sorry I've not submitted a patch to apply the fix.

The bug still exists in 4.6.1 release.

June 11, 2005 - 21:33 : killes at www.drop.org

A missing icon is certainly not critical.