[drupal-devel] [bug] Last access time reports the epoch instead of 'never'

deekayen drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Jun 15 17:28:24 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user system
 Category:     bug reports

I could see how the timestamp might be negative if the DB record were a
page you wanted to back-date, but here we're talking about a triggered
action. I think it would make about as much sense for this to be
negative as it would to see something in your Apache logs date back to
1834.

Besides, if the timestamp could be less than 0, you're taking about a
whole new issue of the validity of using epoch to store time instead of
a date/timestamp, because then

deekayen

Previous comments:

June 10, 2005 - 12:32 : puregin

As site admin, I create a user.  When I look at the user admin page
immediately afterwards, the user shows up with a 'last access' time of
'35 years 24 weeks ago'.   Could we report 'Never' instead of the
epoch, if the last access time is older than the user account?

I seem to recall a similar report, but I couldn't find it after
searching through the issues for user.module, and issues in general.

Djun

June 14, 2005 - 02:01 : deekayen

I verified this on WinXP/PHP5.1. Screenshot attached.

June 14, 2005 - 02:22 : deekayen

Attached patch shows "never" instead of epoch on new users with 0 as
last visited value in the DB

June 15, 2005 - 00:16 : puregin

The patch fixes the problem, thanks.

Are there other places in Drupal where this kind of message might
occur?

Is it possible for the timestamp to be negative under any circumstances
(if so, perhaps the test should be $account->access <= 0 rather than
$account->access == 0)

Regards, Djun