[drupal-devel] [bug] Wrong Login Error

moshe weitzman drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Jun 16 15:04:52 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user system
 Category:     bug reports

I'm not so sure about this one. We should continue to distinguish
between a 'user block' and a 'host ban'.

moshe weitzman

Previous comments:

November 5, 2003 - 22:01 : dziemecki

When a new user logs on after they're ID and password were sent to them,
but before their account was "unblocked", they get the follwoing error:

"Sorry. Unrecognized username or password. Have you forgotten your
password?"

That may or may not count as a bug, but it not entirely accurate, and
might be a little confusing.

June 14, 2005 - 04:19 : deekayen

I don't mind assigning this one to myself, but I'm not familiar enough
with the function of the access table to complete the patch. Should
blocked users be entered into the access table?

Right now, user.module has a drupal_deny check with the correct error
message, but it doesn't get displayed because the only place a person
gets blocked is in the users table. To be more normalized, I'd just
leave the block in the users table, but does someone intend to move the
user block to the access table?

June 15, 2005 - 22:37 : deekayen

Right now when users are blocked, they're not added to the access table,
so this patch just checks the users table for blocked logins. The check
in user.module's user_login() should work now and give the correct
error message that was there all along.

June 15, 2005 - 22:45 : deekayen

This patch goes with the previous one. Without it, when you edit a
blocked user to make them active again, they remain blocked and the
edit screen shows an error message about the user being blocked. I
don't really know if that's the intended behavior to have blocks be
permanent, but permanent blocks don't seem right to me.