[drupal-devel] date conversion

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Fri Jun 17 04:45:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have managed to work around this by converting a javascript date
parsing function that was inspired by strtotime().

http://simon.incutio.com/archive/2003/10/06/betterDateInput

Basically it uses regular expressions to create a very clean
implementation of a data parser. As the gmmkdate() was not broken on
linux (but is on windows so I used win_gmmkdate) I reimplemented this in
php, and work really good.

it most likely will not scale very well as it users preg_test() and
preg_grep() to do the matching but for just validating and converting
dates from forms it works extremely well.

Gordon.