[drupal-devel] [bug] Forum icon support is broken

clydefrog drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Jun 17 19:45:29 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    forum.module
 Category:     bug reports

slidenby: http://drupal.org/diffandpatch

clydefrog

Previous comments:

May 3, 2005 - 08:07 : budda

The forum icon support is broken in 4.6 - currently if an icon path is
provided in the user interface, it gets ignored anyway!

Changes required in the function  _forum_icon() of forum.module. The
main problem is the hardcoded path to the icons is currently:
$file = "misc/forum-$icon.png";
$output = theme('image', $file);

This is easily fixed by moving the 'misc' path to the variable_get() at
the start of the function.
Then changing the way the $file variable is built up, as below.
$base_path = variable_get('forum_icon_path', 'misc');
$file = "$base_path/forum-$icon.png";

June 5, 2005 - 12:46 : budda

I'm having to modify Drupal core installs to fix this bug in
forum.module.
Has it been addressed at all in CVS yet?
Sorry I've not submitted a patch to apply the fix.

The bug still exists in 4.6.1 release.

June 11, 2005 - 14:33 : killes at www.drop.org

A missing icon is certainly not critical.

June 11, 2005 - 14:54 : Robin Monks

Here it is in patch form.  I'll take responsibility of any required
updates.

Robin

June 17, 2005 - 11:10 : slidenby at twit.slidenby.com

I know I'm going to come off like an idiot... and I'm sorry... but can
someone please quickly explain to me how to install this patch?  I
looked at the forum.module code and I see where the corosponding code
is for the image locations... I'm just not exactly what I'm supposed to
do from there, copy the code in the patch file?
Thanks, sorry again for being a noob at this