[drupal-devel] question re maps in drupal (fwd)

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 05:37:00 UTC 2005

On 18-Jun-05, at 12:11 AM, Anselm Hook wrote:

>>> Basically there is a tipping point between 'do this one little
>>> hack' and
>>> 'build out an AJAX API'...  I'm not on top of what the drupal /
>>> civicspace
>>> plan is however and any input is welcome.
>>>

>> You may not know it, but there is now Ajax-autocompletion in core. So
>> you should try to re-use as much as possible of this code.
>>

> Yeah I guess when I mean AJAX I just mean exposing many of the
> database
> queries via XML to the client browser... like 'get an rss feed of all
> users' or 'get an rss feed of all events'...  I'll check it out to
> see if
> it helps but it does not sound like what I am looking for offhand.

RSS generation needs an overhaul so that it can be a little more
centralized and extensible, but we've got to ship product around 4.6
today. We are specifically going to be doing a) some mapping stuff
with location module and b) feeds of users, so let's see if we can do
some of this together.

event/feed should IMHO produce a feed of all events -- file a feature
request, please.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com