[drupal-devel] [feature] Improved styling of autocomplete matches

Chris Johnson drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Jun 20 14:47:29 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     feature requests

Very nice feedback.  On your demo page, I like the icon in the text
field that indicates active "matching."

One small bug (it seems).  Typing "c" alone gets me a list of matches,
but the last (bottom) entry has a piece of javascript appended to it
with a line through it.

Using Firefox 1.04 on Windows 2000.

Similar bug, but with several lines of javascript fragments in the
match box, appears using MSIE 6 on Windows 2000.

Chris Johnson

Previous comments:

June 13, 2005 - 12:07 : Thox

I'd like the autocomplete matches to be underlined (or styled in some
way) so that users can see which part of the strings returned was
actually matched. See Screenshot [1].
[1] http://photos14.flickr.com/19139302_0acb27f00d_o.png

June 20, 2005 - 03:04 : Thox

Using bold instead of underline is much more effective. See screenshot
[2] or my usual autocomplete demo page [3].

New patch attached.
[2] http://photos16.flickr.com/20434923_0760dbda6c_o.png
[3] http://brandedthoughts.co.uk/story/drupal-autocomplete-demo