[drupal-devel] menu system idea

Jonathan Chaffer jchaffer at structureinteractive.com
Mon Jun 20 14:56:25 UTC 2005

Took a first look at the idea. I think I rather like it. Things to
watch out for (these may or may not be problems with this approach):

- The menu system needs to handle modules being loaded in any order
(children defined before parents)
- TMSNTH parent modules not being loaded at all, and children need to
"fall up" to higher levels in the tree in this case.
- TMSNTH moving around and renaming items. I don't think this
approach is better or worse in this regard; we still have to go
through the whole process of assigning mids and pids, AFAICT.
- TMSNTH the addition of new, custom items. Ditto from above.

I'd be curious to see benchmarks. I don't feel that this code is too
much more or less legible than the current approach.