[drupal-devel] node aggregator image/file handling

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Tue Jun 21 08:21:39 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I have been working on node aggregator (now named naggregator, because of the
16 char limit in the type-col of node table ;) ).
But i have some problems / concerns about images. As it stands now, we can
receive two kinds of files: embedded images, and enclosed files (podcasts). I
will not yet work on the latter. The first has my concern.

Now, img tags will be simply re-posted in the aggregated item, thus "stealing"
images from the originating host.
I want to know what you people say about this behaviour. Should it the image:
a) remain deeplinked, thus stealing it (Its up to the feed-provider to strip
image tags if she does not want them deeplinked, after all)
b) strip the image tags. thus maybe taking the feed out of its context.
c) fopen() and copy the file into our own file-sytem, then rewriting the url
of the image to the one we now server local.

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]