[drupal-devel] [feature] Cache rendered comment threads

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Jun 22 21:54:00 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    comment.module
 Category:     feature requests

chx

Previous comments:

June 22, 2005 - 23:45 : chx

First problem to tackle: comments may have dynamic filters. No more.
Comments are not nodes because they should be simple and fast and
dynamic filters are killing this.

So now we have static content built every two minutes on drupal.org,
which is IMO bad. I do CACHE_PERMANENT and take care of killing the
thread only when the particular thread is invalidated.

If you find the patch worthy, I will extend it so that there is no
multiple cache ie. the comments themselves are not cached when called
from comment thread view.

Maybe a similar patch could be introduced for cacheable nodes?